Is your youth group looking for a challenge that will expand their knowledge and open their eyes to poverty in our world?
24 HOURS IN POVERTY shares what it takes to survive in poverty and how we can all battle for and teach those caught in the poverty cycle.
- Create a village to experience daily life in poverty by building your own home, crafting your own stove, wash your clothes by hand, and learn how a community can only survive if its people work together.
- Gain education about life in poverty through meal time, individual and small group Bible studies, and cardboard discussions.
- Pray for families caught in their poverty cycle through prayer stations.
- Earn prizes for raising funds from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Make a direct impact to Servants’ Serving At Risk Families ministry
- Interact with your congregation or community group with fun fundraisers like kissing a goat, eating contests, work detail auctions, and more!
- Share with others what you have learned at church, school, and other groups that are interested to learn more about how to break the cycle of poverty in an affective way!